Kathak courses and workshops
Jolafin teaches Kathak to beginners with no experience and to intermediate students with minimum previous experience of 1-2 years of Kathak.
She also organizes intensive Kathak workshops and master classes for advanced students with experts like her Guru Surangama from Kolkata in regular basis.
Kathak with Tabla (open level)
Get a taster of a real Kathak class with Tabla accompaniment.
Tabla artist Saibal Chatterjee from Kolkata will be in Basel. Be there and learn the very basics (footwork, few hand gesture) of Kathak with Jolafin.
Came and make this session to a unique experience and lets celebrate the joy of classical indian dance Kathak.
This trial lesson of 45 min is for free and open to kids and adult of 6 years and above.
Venue and time tbd
Zurück zur Übersicht
Typical Kathak session with Jolafin
Jolafin follows mainly the curriculm of Prayag Sangit Samiti, but is preparing intensively to adapt the internationally recognized ISTD syllabus for Kathak.
Her lessons are thoroughly planned, which incorporates
- the strengthening of stamina with basic footworks,
- learning the correct body posture and alignment, always with focus of holding line and geometry of body,
- learning various rhythmic pattern und create sound with feet, develop clarity of sound
- arm and hand movement and hand gestures (Hastaks and mudras)
- short technical choreographies following the rhythmic cycle (Taal) and recitation (Parhant) of the syllables (bol)
- theory and history session of Kathak dance.
Got curious? Have look in a intermediate sessions.