Kathak courses and workshops
Jolafin teaches Kathak to beginners with no experience and to intermediate students with minimum previous experience of 1-2 years of Kathak.
She also organizes intensive Kathak workshops and master classes for advanced students with experts like her Guru Surangama from Kolkata in regular basis.
Kathak for teens and adults (13 yrs - above) - regular course
Join the very first regular course for Kathak in Basel
This is an introduction course for total beginners of classical indian dance. With each session students will learn the basic footwork in different speed, arm movements, pirouettes technique, the theory and the recitation of the 16 beats rhythmic cycle, small compositions.
courses take place in: --Musikpalast, Altrheinweg 38, 4057 Basel--
Start: --6th November 2018, 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm--
Fees: --CHF 20 per lesson (monthly payment in the first session of a month)--
Other terms and conditions will be sent to you by mail.
Zurück zur Übersicht
Typical Kathak session with Jolafin
Jolafin follows mainly the curriculm of Prayag Sangit Samiti, but is preparing intensively to adapt the internationally recognized ISTD syllabus for Kathak.
Her lessons are thoroughly planned, which incorporates
- the strengthening of stamina with basic footworks,
- learning the correct body posture and alignment, always with focus of holding line and geometry of body,
- learning various rhythmic pattern und create sound with feet, develop clarity of sound
- arm and hand movement and hand gestures (Hastaks and mudras)
- short technical choreographies following the rhythmic cycle (Taal) and recitation (Parhant) of the syllables (bol)
- theory and history session of Kathak dance.
Got curious? Have look in a intermediate sessions.